You do not need to provide personal information to visit our website. While Celerian Group makes every attempt to protect the personal information that you may share with use, electronic mail is currently not secure against interception.
When you visit any website, its server may generate a piece of text known as a "cookie" to place on your computer. The cookie allows the server to "remember" specific information about your visit while you are connected. The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of Web pages. Cookies from our websites collect only information about your browser's visit to the websites. They do not collect personal information about you.
If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, you can disable them using your Web browser. If you opt out of cookies, you will still have access to all information and resources on our websites. Please note that by opting out of cookies, you will disable cookies from all sources, not just from our websites. Instructions for disabling or opting out of cookies in the most popular browsers are located at https://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
Data we collect through our websites:
We do not collect personally identifiable information via cookies. Following are examples of data collected via cookies.
- Date/time of visits
- Geographic locations of visitors (i.e. country, state)
- Pages frequently visited within our site
- Browser type, operating system
On the CelerianGroup.com website, we will collect the following identifying information only if it is specifically and knowingly provided by you.
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone number
- Any other identifier unique to you
Federal Privacy Act of 1974
"The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was enacted in 1967 as an amendment to the ‘Public Information’ section of the Administrative Procedures Act. The purpose of the Freedom of Information Act was to reach a workable balance between the right of the public to know and the need of the Government to keep information in confidence, to the extent necessary, without permitting indiscriminate secrecy." Groups of records that contain information about an individual and are designed to be retrieved by the individual's name or other personal identifier linked to the individual are covered by the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (5 U.S.C. Section 552a).
Methods we use to protect data collected through our websites
- To utilize some services on our websites, you are required to create an account involving a username and password. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- We regularly review our security controls (administrative, physical, technical) to minimize the likelihood of unauthorized access to our websites.
- We permit only employees or contractors who need to access collected data in order to efficiently operate our websites and conduct transactions with you. These employees and contractors are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Data Retention and Destruction
Data we collect through our websites are kept long enough to achieve the specified objective for which they were collected. The data generated from these activities falls under the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) General Records Schedule (GRS) Sections GRS 3.1, GRS 3.2, GRS 4.1 and GRS 4.3 and will be retained and destroyed according to the requirements of the schedules set out therein. (Visit https://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/grs.html).
If we decide to change our privacy promise for our website, CelerianGroup.com, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
BlueCross BlueShield of SC
Attn: Bruce Honeycutt, Privacy Officer
I-20 East @ Alpine Road (AX-E01)
Columbia, SC 29219
(803) 264-7258 (telephone)
(803) 264-7257 (fax)
Revised: September 1, 2017